Here for Your Heart
The Abrazo Arizona Heart Institute was founded in 1971 by cardiovascular surgeon Edward B. Diethrich, MD. Over the decades, we have earned a reputation for excellence by integrating clinical expertise with research and innovation to effectively manage a wide range of cardiovascular diseases. We regularly collaborate with top clinicians from around the world to advance cardiovascular health for the patients of today and tomorrow.
In one convenient location, we offer:
- Complete surgical, medical, and dietary and lifestyle treatment plans
- Easy access to appointments, including same-day or next-day appointments (when possible)
- Convenient same-day testing when possible
- Care from some of the world’s best cardiovascular specialists.
What Drives Us
The Abrazo Arizona Heart Institute’s motto is: “To care, to teach, to pioneer.” This speaks to our commitment to paving the way to excellence in cardiovascular care.
- To Care – We feature a multidisciplinary team assembled capable of delivering all aspects of cardiovascular care to meet each patient’s unique needs.
- To Teach – We operate several continuing education programs, including prestigious vascular and endovascular fellowships for aspiring surgeons. Our physicians also travel the globe to share their clinical expertise at some of the world’s best-known cardiovascular conferences and gatherings, as well as host community education events and screenings.
- To Pioneer – We are credited internationally with developing, testing or first adapting numerous groundbreaking advancements in cardiovascular medicine. These include new diagnostic technologies, minimally invasive medical devices, revolutionary biological therapies and innovative surgical solutions such as certain stenting techniques. We also built the first hybrid operating suite and first outpatient cardiac catheterization laboratory.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 623-455-5084.